Both domestic and commercial users of LPG for heating urged to ensure appliances are fit for winter switch on
The trade association for the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) industry UKLPG – is calling for all gas appliances to be checked and serviced as winter approaches, to avoid the potential for gas leaks, fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
It issued the warning as part of Gas Safety Week (15-22 September), an event that is co-ordinated every year by the Gas Safe Register.
“Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning,” explained Rob Shuttleworth, Chief Executive, UKLPG. “It is a highly poisonous gas which can kill quickly with no warning and just one of the many reasons that gas appliances need to be serviced and checked every year by a Gas Safe Registered installer.”
Mr Shuttleworth went on to state that it was “vitally important” to invest in proper boiler and heater maintenance, including portable LPG heaters that may have been stored in a garage or shed over the summer.
Caption (N.B.!!! THE MAN ON THE RIGHT PLEASE)
Rob Shuttleworth, Chief Executive, UKLPG – “vitally important” to invest in proper boiler and heater maintenance.