The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) has written to every Member of Parliament who represents a GGF Member in their constituency, to open dialogue and create awareness of the GGF’s campaigns ahead of the political parties’ manifestos for next year’s General Election.
In the letters, the GGF underlined its position as the leading authority and voice of the industry and highlighted the five main campaigns it is currently working on including;
- Supporting the case for a reduced rate of VAT on energy efficient products and on home improvement, repair and maintenance work and on energy efficient windows
- Working with the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) to help promote and improve energy efficiency schemes such as the Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
- Working with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) to ensure that the Consumer Bill of Rights works in the best interests of consumers and businesses
- Making the case for an integrated approach to fire safety, where fire safety products are tested to the correct specification and installed and enforced correctly and in particular fire resistant glazing systems
- Addressing the impact of the change of ownership of private sewers to businesses and consumers wishing to build conservatories or extensions on their properties
Nigel Rees, Group Chief Executive commented, “It is important to raise the profile of our key campaigns at this time. We have emphasized to hundreds of MPs that the issues that concern us not only affect the businesses operating in their constituency and across the UK, but also the householders who benefit from more energy efficient homes and appropriate regulations and enforcement.”