With 95 exhibitors from all over the world (the show is sold out) – and taking place from the 2nd to the 4th of October at the renowned Telford International Centre – MLA Expo is cementing its position as the biggest locksmith exhibition in Europe. Sponsored by award-winning supplier ERA, MLA Expo ’15 is the 18th incarnation of this well-known exhibition. Having started from humble beginnings, MLA Expo now fills the staggering 3000sqm+ of Hall 2 of this purpose-built exhibition centre.
MLA Expo will provide locksmiths the opportunity to discover all the latest products in the industry, with exhibitors from all areas of locksmithing arena; including locksmith tools, safes, vehicles, Access Control, UPVC, lever locks, cylinders, padlocks, secondary security, biometrics, connected locks, door hardware etc, together with credit card payment and insurance services.
The MLA will of course be there too, so you can come and discuss the benefits of joining the industry leading association.
Full details for the show can be found on the Expo website (http://www.locksmiths.co.uk/mla-expo/) You can register to attend the show FOC via the site too (see: http://www.locksmiths.co.uk/mla-expo/free-visitor-registration/) Visitor registrations are already tracking at well above previous events, so it looks like it’s going to be another hit show!
The Telford International Centre is the ideal home for Expo, as not only does it have a sizeable exhibition hall, but it also has excellent break out rooms for the huge array of training provided, together with a variety of onsite hotels. We’d strongly recommend booking early as it’s a big show! Meanwhile, the centre also offers a large choice of free parking for visitors and there’s also the train station for those not bringing their vans (although you may struggle taking your bargains back with you!).
Due to popular demand, the Saturday night sees the return of the successful buffet meal at the Holiday Inn, giving attendees the opportunity to – not only have a good meal – but also enjoy good company and of course network away with fellow locksmith enthusiasts!
For those of you worried about missing the Rugby World Cup, then don’t fret, Expo has thought of everything! A dedicated sports bar is planned at the venue, ensuring you keep up to date with the scores, whilst not missing out on the obligatory bargains that’s on offer!
Training programmes have always been at the heart of MLA Expo and this year is no exception. With over 30 courses and seminars available, you’ll also be pleased to know that the majority are FOC!
Whether you’re relatively new to locksmithing or an industry veteran there’s guaranteed to be something for you at this year’s Expo!
You can expect highly renowned training from industry leaders in the areas of; safe picking, to general lock opening, Access Control systems, UPVC, furniture locks, master keying, electrical safety, abrasive wheel certification, cloning and standards… to name but a few. However, in today’s ever-changing competitive locksmithing environment, it’s not only crucial to consider the technical aspects, but also the wider business environment. That’s why this year, Expo will showcase cutting-edge training in areas such as; the new Consumer Rights Bill, Credit Control/Debt recovery and how to take advantage of free Social Media techniques to help promote your growing business.
The experts giving this training include; Martin Newton, Craig Bernasconi, Alan Morgan, Geraint Jones, Jeff Turner, Peter Wosahlo, John Harding, Chris Taylor, Simon Griffiths, Dave Stapleton, Jeremy Phillips, Peter Field, Ian Chadwick and Andy Kennedy amongst others. Meanwhile, invited guest speakers such as, ex-trading standards inspector, Dave Quinton, LPCB Certification Scheme Manager, Richard Flint and debt recovery specialist Patrick Horne will also feature. If that’s not enough, training will be offered by some of the UK’s leading exhibitors including; Alpro, Versa (via Duffells), Keyline and UAP Tradelocks.
Full details on training, along with the booking form, can be found online at:
So don’t miss out, your competition will be looking to attend and you don’t want them to have the competitive edge over you when it comes to new product developments! … We look forward to seeing you at the show!
Companies exhibiting at MLA Expo ’15 are:-
- 3D Group
- ABUS (UK)
- Access 2
- Advanced Access
- Aldridge Security
- Ansador Fire & Security
- Avocet Hardware
- Basson Group
- Borg Locks
- Bradshaw Bennet / Locksure
- Burton Safes
- Clarke Instruments
- Connective Touch /Alpha Bio
- Credit Card Keys/Sentinel
- D & E Architectural
- Davenport Burgess
- Dom-UK Ltd
- Door Jammer / Penn Elcom
- ELOQ/Dynamic Access
- Eurospec (Carlisle Brass)
- Guardian Lock & Engineering
- Gunnebo Ltd
- Henry Squire
- History of Locks Museum
- Holdfast Security
- Hughes Wholesale
- Ifam UK Limited
- Kap Diagnostics
- Kevron Plastics
- La Industrial Cerrajera SA
- Lab Security Systems
- Lock Collectors
- Lockey Digital UK Ltd
- Locksmiths Museum
- Locxis by RB Locks
- Lowe & Fletcher
- M Marcus
- Master Lock
- Master Locksmiths Association
- Mul-T-Lock UK
- Municipal Security/Nauta
- Nanjing Easthouse Electrical Co., Ltd.
- Nigel Rose Marketing Services
- Nigel Waters Hardware
- NW Keys
- OutsideIn lock tools
- Oyster/Goodway Group S. L
- Patlock Ltd
- Prestige Products
- Promethean Concepts
- Real Business Applications
- Safe Locking/Surelock McGill
- Safe Ventures
- Secure Ring Global Ltd
- Security Express/Phoenix Safe
- Skills for Security
- SMP Security
- Sold Secure
- Specialized Security
- Sterling Locks
- Switched On Products
- The JackLoc Company
- The Legend (Auto programming software)
- The Locksmith Magazine
- The Quality Lock
Training Courses Available at MLA Expo ‘15 are:-
- Non-destructive opening of safe key locks, using more logic than Skill (Martin Newton)
- VERSA Product Training
- Picking the Mauer President 71111 (Alan Morgan & Craig Bernasconi)
- Abrasive Wheel Certification (John Harding)
- Promaster Master Keying (Jeremy Phillips)
- Electrical Safety Course – Connecting to a fused spur (Dave Stapleton)
- Lock ID Through the Keyhole (Simon Griffiths)
- “How to” – BLI Exam Overview (Gary Eckersall)
- High Security Cylinders Workshop (MLA Members only)
- Introduction to Access Control (Alpro)
- Tool Sharpening (John Harding & Chris Taylor)
- Security by Numbers – Loss Prevention Standards (R Flint BRE)
- Yale Smart Security – Digital & Connected Devices (D Crossman & R Adams)
- Lock Decoding (Geraint Jones)
- Mechanical Digital Locks (Simon Griffiths & Chris Taylor)
- Consumer Regs (Which? Trusted Traders)
- Lishi Pick Training (UAP/Tradelocks)
- Locksmiths – know your limits. What you can and can’t do without Part P (Dave Stapleton)
- E-mail Marketing (Sign-Up Technologies)
- Social Media & how it can help your business (Guy Fox & Chris Churchill)
- Car key cloning (Keyline)
- 114 Pick Training (Jeff Turner)
- Safe Combination Locks (Simon Griffiths & Chris Taylor)
- British Standards (and others) that Locksmiths need to know (Justin Freeman)
- UPVC Training (Andy Kennedy & Ian Chadwick)
- High Security Cylinders (Peter Field)
- Furniture Locks (Peter Wosahlo)
- Fire Door Hardware and the Fire Door Inspection Scheme (Neil Ashdown)
- The Ins and Outs of Instacode (Jeremy Phillips)
- Thinking about getting in to access control? What you need to know (Chris Taylor)
- Credit control / Debt Recovery (Patrick Horne)
- An Introduction to Russian Locks (Lewis Beadle)
- Brisant Ultion Repinning
N.B. Some of the above courses are run twice over the duration of the show.