It’s been a challenging year or two delivering the Government MTC requirements for our members’ skilled site operatives. Certass invested heavily to deliver these requirements, we are now able to pass on savings to our members after paying off this initial investment. After many conversations with our members we are announcing some new MTC options which will improve this experience and keep you compliant with these requirements.
Firstly, we have invested in our own card printer and our cards are all printed in-house.
From 1st September – FREE photo ID MTC skills card for all new suitably qualified site operatives registered with Certass
Secondly, we fully understand how the upfront MTC assessment cost can impact significantly upon the cash flow of both small and larger companies alike. We now have 2 options; you can now choose either the existing pay up-front option or you can now choose:
Certass’ NEW MTC Continuum
Per Site Operative – Pay a one-off registration fee of £100+VAT followed by a small monthly payment of £3.75+VAT.
What’s does this new Certass MTC Continuum mean to me?
For sole traders
A lower one-off registration fee followed by a low monthly fee which we’ll simply add on to your direct debit. No more large fees!
For companies with several site operatives
You pay a one-off registration fee for the number of qualified site operatives, followed by a low monthly fee per site operative. If one of your site operatives leaves the company and you hire a replacement, simply continue to pay the monthly fee, return the old site operatives MTC card to us and we will not charge you another registration fee*. To protect your company’s compliance with us, we will carry out a new MTC assessment on your new site operative at one of your installations.
Already paid your MTC fee upfront?
Don’t worry you can easily transfer to the Certass MTC Continuum when your existing MTC card expires without having incurring any extra costs.
1. The Certass MTC Continuum card is annually renewable.
2. MTC Continuum is a site operative charge option – not linked to a specific individual, the MTC card is transferable at no extra cost following new site operative’s successful MTC assessment.
3. To transfer the MTC Continuum card to a new site operative the old MTC card (for site operative who has left your company) must be returned to Certass.
4. To transfer to your new site operative avoiding new registration fee, there must be a continuous DDM monthly payment in place with Certass.
5. All Site operatives must refresh their Building Regulations knowledge by undertaking a knowledge assessment and have their installation work observed every 3 years.