The role of Marketing Assistant for UK industry-leading International supplier to the window industry is to support the marketing manager in implementing marketing plans and activities from the Group’s head office in Birmingham (one of four UK depots). The role requires the individual to help build and develop relationships both within the business and externally with a focus on marketing activity to impact on the bottom-line.
There may occasionally be a requirement to attend other UK branches (Wigan, Kent or Belfast), customer premises and exhibitions.
Key initial responsibilities include:
o Website & Online development and promotion activity as required
o Developing and maintaining comprehensive catalogues of products
o Writing press releases & distributing and archiving PR as required
o CRM maintenance and database upkeep
o Sales Coordinator and Sales Team Support
o Design & briefing work as required for packaging, leaflets & marketing literature
o Proof reading as required
o Arranging Print as required
o Organising and carrying out direct mail activity as required
o Upkeep of internal communications board
o Marketing research and analysis as required
o Organising product samples, brochures and sample packs etc.
o To assist in any other general duties and business requirements as directed.
Full in-house training given and external training arranged as required.
An adaptable and good communicator who is enthusiastic and committed and has excellent planning and organisation skills. Time management skills are vital to this role. The below skills are also required.
• Educated to Degree level and/or relevant Marketing Qualification
• At least 12 months experience in a similar role
• Creative Suite Design Package Experience or Similar required
• CRM System Experience an advantage
• PR experience an advantage
Certified as Investors in People, it is this company’s policy to train and develop its people. Full training will be given on accounts/sales order processing systems as well as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Marketing Assistant will receive full in-house product training.
• Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm, with one hour for lunch.
• This is a full time permanent position. Salary negotiable and depending on experience. There is also a bonus scheme in place.
• The company also contributes towards optional health and pension schemes after 12 months of service.
• Holiday entitlement is 20 days per year, plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Submit CV with covering letter and details of salary expectations to: email@example.com.